Saturday, January 13, 2007

Curious George

My brother bought Layne this collection last year for Easter. We read the first story entitled Curious George.

Layne was pretty much bored for most of the story so I had to resort to funny voices.

This first story tells how the Man in the Yellow Hat abducts George and smuggles him back to the U.S. He sedates George once their on board his ship by giving him wine and a pipe. This may or may not have lead to George's near drowning. Once back in civilization, the Man in the Yellow Hat disappears leaving George alone in his house. Of course mistakes are made and the poor little monkey is sent to prison for prank calling the fire station and escapes to the "freedom" of the zoo by stealing balloons.

I never read these stories when I was young. My brother remembered them quite fondly so he bought Layne the collection. I'd have to say these are quite disturbing little stories.

No comments: